Monday, February 05, 2007

I Am Learning What I Can Do

There are so many times in my life that I took the easy way out. I gave myself an excuse to get out of stretching beyond my comfort zone. If it seemed risky or hard or scary I simply told myself " I can't do that."

It got me out of doing a lot of new things. It kept me stuck and honestly a bit angry with myself. You see way down deep inside I secretly believed I had the ability to achieve a lot of things and to give back to this world in a much bigger way. Guess what I was afraid, so I just took a pass and gave up.

Well no more. Midlife has truly awakened me and alleviated much of my fear. I am not going to get any younger and I am not going to keep taking a pass on life because I am afraid. How about you?

To that end I submitted an article to an upcoming collaborative book project and it was accepted. So tomorrow the third volume of 101 Great Ways to Improve Your Life is going to be launched with my article in it.

One small step for Maureen.....It was a little scary but I pushed that aside and got on with the business of living in a bigger way.

No comments: