Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Events that Unite People

I was at a concert last night...two groups that people my age will undoubtedly remember, BJ Thomas and Gary Puckett. Everyone in the audience was around my age though I will happily admit that I was on the younger side of the crowd.

It was absolutely freezing last night and with all the snow on the ground there was no parking near the theatre. We parked more then a few block away and though I wanted to walk the other three people I was at the concert with wanted to wait in the cold for the trolley. After about one minute I decided to walk to the theatre and meet them there.

I had plenty of people to walk with and we were a cheerful bunch. After arriving at the theatre I was waiting in the lobby for my group. Every person walking through the lobby door met me with a huge smile.....we were united by not only a common love of music ,but by sharing the experience of a freezing cold winter night. I was warmed deep inside as I found myself foolishly grinning back at all those I met.

Oh us crazy old people...we spent two and one half hours singing to some old favorites and then piled back out into the cold chatting the whole way back to the car.

Something so simple united a group of people....shouldn't it be easy to find our common ground on other levels as well???

No comments: