Sunday, April 15, 2007

Saying goodbye

I was off and traveling again this week. I had planned a quick trip to Massachusetts to see my Mother. Unfortunately my sister in law's Dad died just a a couple of days before my trip. We all knew he was ill and that it didn't look good and yet you always hold out hope...or at least I do.

Tim was a great guy and not all that much older than I relatively speaking. He loved his family and his golf. He had a great smile and a warm and easy way. I think in someways he was the father my brother wished he had been able to have.... and in a way he was.

I still have both my parents and I try not to dwell too much on what my life will be like without them. We all know it is an inevitable reality. I do know that I will have many people to help me through when it does happen as I witnessed this week with how we all wanted to be there for Elizabeth and Kevin. For now I am going to try to appreciate what I have an realize that no...it doesn't last forever

No comments: