Friday, June 01, 2007

Kids and Germs


This is one of the things I deep forgetting now that my children are grown and gone.....kids carry germs.

Case in point. I have been down with a rotten cold for about a week now. In fact last Friday was when I last spent time with my infant niece, Poppy. When I first saw her Wednesday my sister in law said she had been running a fever and had a cold. I thought too bad little girl and held her and cuddled her.

Repeat performance the next night. I don't get home to often and so I tend to get a little overly demonstrative when I see her.

Friday night I babysit for her. She is doing better and I am still not thinking that her cold is related to me in any way.


Oh but then Sunday comes and I am feeling miserable. It is so hard when I get reminded that I am not invincible.

But boy she is cute and with this this cold... I am not.


1 comment:

Rhea said...

A friend of mine ran a day care and she got sick a lot!