Sunday, October 07, 2007

Three Dog Night

Wow ...do I remember loving the band Three Dog Night. Especially Try a Little Tenderness and Easy to be Hard I sat in my older brother's room feeling so cool that he would even let me in and together we would crank up the tunes and sit back and enjoy.

In fact those songs are still in my I pod today and I just have to tune to them and crank up the volume and I am 12 years old again. They were a top band at least at that time and for many years after. Imagine my surprise when I saw they were playing the furniture show in Hight Point, NC.

My family owns a furniture store and we almost always are at market. Unfortunately because of scheduling conflicts we were not attending this year. I would have loved to have seen them and see if I could still get as excited as that 12 year old used to get.

I have to confess, I was a little crushed that for a pretty great band it had come to playing the furniture market. I can't explain it but part of me just couldn't believe that this hot band that I loved was now reduced to playing that venue. Sure I know we all have to make a living but I guess I saw something grander in scale.

The members of Three Dog Night on the whole are a little older but I still see Genesis at bigger venues and Chicago at bigger venues. I have loved both these bands when I saw them.

Maybe it's better I didn't get to see them. I can just turn on my ipod and go back in time without it being spoiled.

1 comment:

Bev Mahone said...

Two of my girlfriends (who I still keep in touch with today) sang "Joy to the World" in our 8th grade talent show. To this day we still reminisce about the event and those hideous dresses we wore.

"Jeremiah was a bullfrog...was a good friend of mine. never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his wine."

Now what did some preppy 8th graders know about that back then???

It's nice to remember. Thanks.

I saw your blog on GoingLikeSixty's blog roll and was struck by your blog title so I wanted to stop by and check you out.