Sunday, January 28, 2007

Picture Perfect

I had to have my picture taken for business on Friday. In the best of circumstances I don't like to have my picture taken and the fact that I have gained weight since my transtion into menopause has just added to my discomfort.

Being a coach is probably the only thing that helped me get through it. I was practicing acceptance of where I am now and trusting that the picture would reflect me in a way that others would get a sense of who I am and what I am about.

With that being said I did enjoy all of the experience up until I had to view the photos. It truly was a test of my ability to accept who and what I am right here and right now. I wanted to shudder and look away. I wanted to say "who is that woman" as my insides often do not match the woman reflected back in pictures and in the mirror.

I often feel younger prettier and free when not presented with the reality of the fact that I am a woman fast approaching 50. When I hit 40 I felt that it was not how I had imagined it would be. I feel that 50 will be the same way....as long as I do not obsess with my looks, the weight and my inevitable aging.

Let me know your thoughts and I will keep you posted

No comments: