Sunday, November 12, 2006

Acting Our Age

You know this is neither a rant or a jusgement...o.k. maybe a little of a judgement. Mostly it is an observation.

I do not watch much TV. Occasionally though I love to watch some junk TV. I think of it as an ice cream sundae for my eyes and ears. it doesn't offer much value but occasionally it is so so sweet and delicious.

The other night it was Dr.90210. The reality show about plastic surgery. I so think I have a morbid fascination of the before and after and I do think that Dr. Rey is too much in touch with his feminine side even though he is the one to go to if you want your breasts enlarged.

There was a young woman on the show...seeing Dr. Rey for breast enhancement.
She was really quite lovely and dressed according to today's trends but not overboard in my humble opinion.

This is what I found curious...her Mother who was at least 25 years older than her daughter and at least 30 pounds heavier was dressed the same way. And you know what? It didn't look to good. I am all for looking good and I certainly like to follow the trends and adapt them to my 40 plus age range. I too have a 25 year old ...but I don't want to dress like her.
Why? Because I can't pull it off.
There is no reason not to dress appropriately for your age...but still insist on looking gorgeous and sexy but not trashy or desperate.

I wanted to do an immediate mid-life makeover on this woman.
But we all know you can't change anyone. You can just be ready to lend a hand if they want to change

No comments: