Thursday, November 02, 2006

How Grocery Shopping has Changed

I was cleaning out the refrigerator yesterday, and I must add throwing a lot of good food away because it had spoiled. I have been shopping for a lot of years and it has been at the minimum for a family of four, one of them being an active teenage boy.

Now there is only my husband and myself. My daughter left for Massachusetts several years ago and I am not expecting her back any time in the near future. With my son in Florida that leaves only my husband and myself. I am sorry to say that we are starting to fall into the trap of just nibbling and not eating. It seems like a lot of work some nights to cook a complete dinner. I am often out working 3 or more nights each week and dinner time has become a rushed affair.

This is not ideal, but given the way life is right now and the fact that we seem to be joining in the battle of the bulge it appears not to be changing anytime soon.
So I must adapt and retrain my shopping brain so that I am not throwing away good food.

I also can no longer use my son as the excuse as to why I have candy and ice cream and cookies in the house. I have to own it.... Ugh!

No comments: