Sunday, November 19, 2006

Outsmarting the Female Fat Cell

The female fat cell and how to out smart it is my project for the next few months. Midlfe brought with it an unexpected struggle with weight. I have always been more on the curvy side and yes I have indeed been one of those women that all I had to do is look at anything fattening and it immediately applied itself to the most unsightly parts of my body.
I always resented it especially since I have been surrounded with very thin women friends for most of my life. ( idon't resent my friends mind you...just that weight seems to glue itself to my body).
That being said, if I put my mind to it...... I have always been successful in losing weight. That is until menopause visited itself upon me. Who knew? Yes I had heard rumors that weight gain was often associated with menopause but I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I thought I would be different.
Now in my own defense the only information I had to fall back on was the evidence that I had lost weight in the past when I put my mind to it.
Well the last couple of years have been a challenge I have yet to overcome. Those extra pounds they reference when "they" speak about menopause seem as determined to stay as I am to get rid of them.
I am using a lot of self coaching and am determined to out smart the damn fat cells.
Please wish me luck.

No comments: