Friday, March 09, 2007

Don't Die With Your Music Still In You

If you came of age in the mid seventies as I did it is likely that you remember the band Boston. They were an incredible rock band and their music is as good today as it was then..at least to a die hard fan like me.

When the band really took off I was living in Boston during my especially wild child days. I still smile or perhaps it is a grimace when I think of those days. Boy did we love our music, in fact you might say we lived for it. I know the "right" thing to say might be that I lived for my college friends or my education but for me it was all about the music. Our lives truly revolved around it and our favorite bands.

Well I just read that the lead singer of the band Brad Delp died, though they are not sure why and I can't help but feel a little sad and you know what a little more mortal. He was younger than my husband and only about 5or 6 years older than I am. Because really deep down inside of me I am still that rock and roll girl. I guess a part of me always will be. I can't help but be sad when anyone I felt somewhat intimate with even if only from a distance passes.

Music is such a binding force and I still listen to Boston. I am sorry that Brad is gone and yet it only motivates me even more to not waste another precious moment. Wayne Dyer, who I greatly admire, is fond of reminding us all don't die with your music still in you. They are great words to live by and I find that as I let my music out into the world (figuratively of course) I find that there are more and more songs waiting to be written.

I am grateful to have lived at a time when the band Boston could have an impact on my life. So how about you....is you music still stuck inside of you? If it is take notice.

No comments: