Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring Cleaning


Even though there is still 6 inches of ice and snow outside the door I am determined to think spring! This time last week it was 70 degrees out and sunny and then we got hit with the storm on Friday. It made for a bit of a complicated weekend. My step kids and business partners at our store ended up stranded in Florida. My husband was laid up in bed with a 102 degree fever( that ugly stomach bug that has been around).

So I was left to shovel snow and man the store. It would be so noble to say I handled it all without a thought but I would be lying. I did however survive the weekend though I did not do much to honor my Irish roots. I talking to my daughter I confessed that I was indeed not wearing green, but black and gray. Perhaps I was subconsciously mourning or maybe I was just dressing to look slimmer.....who knows?

St. Patty's day was spent at the store and in front of my computer listening for the feeble calls of my husband to get him water.....I know a bit dramatic....I did manage to get some writing done and for that I was pleased.

So onto today. The weather has got to give and so do I. I have been in hording mode all winter. "You never know what your facing" is what my Mother In Law loves to say. Well I'm facing a lot of useless stuff and it has got to go. Time to lighten up!

Though as I look around it may take a week or two. If I look on the bright side however I may find some of the things that have been among the missing the last few months.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
My wife has been hoarding toilet paper for the bird flu epidemic that has been coming for a year.
:-)

klasieprof said...

enjoyed reading your posts. I just found you through a Scrapbooking site.
I"m in the MIDDLE of transitions...going from Consulting with the State, having contract cancelled etc.
Frustrated..yet stretching.

Maureen said...

Hmmm... hoarding of toilet paper. I must of missed out on how that was going to help us. I am just glad it is not my husband on this blog as he would share that I am a recovering hoarder...of almost everything.
It's a long road